HomeAboutContactImage Map

August 15, 2013

Never Again

Day 15: Today's Prompt Is: Somewhere new you visited in your town.

A few weeks ago, I went out to lunch with my mom at this little cafe she kept saying she wanted to take me to. She had been there for breakfast before and said it was cute and cheap. Well walking into the place, "cute" isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe it. If anything, it was dusty, outdated and dumpy.
When I looked at the menu, nothing really popped out at me, but I wanted to eat something substantial so I ordered something I thought would be a safe bet -- meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Not so much.

When we were waiting for our food, the waitress (who was kind of an old hag) brought us rolls. They were really doughy and while some were overbaked, the others were undercooked. They didn't taste like anything except flour. Gross.
After choking down some "rolls" our food finally came. I was expecting meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but what I got looked like an alcholic's damaged liver.

 I took one tiny bite and I was D-O-N-E done. I gagged. I thought I could at least be able to eat the mashed potatoes aka my favorite food in the whole world. Nope wrong there too. The texture felt like someone had put rubber cement in them. They were sticky. MASHED POTATOES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY.

Needless to say I didn't touch my plate after that and my $4.50 lunch was worse than I expected for that price. We went for frozen yogurt to fill mah belly.

Let me know about your restaurant horror stories!


Blogging Challenge
Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram Pinterest Google+ Tumblr Image Map

5 comments :

  1. I never order meatloaf at a restaurant you never know what's in there. Since Tyson is a cook we don't go out a lot, there is no reason too when the cook can make it at home and you can eat in your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog thru Kelli!! I can't believe they ruined mashed potatoes, that is just not right! On my 12th birthday at Planet Hollywood in Myrtle Beach I was eating and then I looked down and there was a bug laying on its back in my food with its legs still moving. I cried the whole rest of the meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing worse then getting a bad meal at a restaurant!!! A few years ago Steve and I made a mistake of visiting a chinese buffet that was close to our old craphole apartment around closing time. I am pretty sure that all the food we ate was sitting out for hours. Needless to say we both felt sick...and seriously regretted only having one bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha @ the waitress was an old hag! at least you had frozen yogurt afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, been there done that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design