HomeAboutContactImage Map

August 19, 2013

Boozeless Baby Showers and Back To Blogging

Hello my chickadees! Did you miss me?

I took a mini vacation from blogging on Friday to work on my clickable image-mapped blog header which I had to Google for about 3 hours to get the answer I wanted. Too bad, I didn't wait another day because then I could've used Sarah's Saturday Sessions tutorial and saved myself a lot of F-bombing anguish. For real though, go check it out because she makes it easy peasy to understand.

Anywho, this post is probably gonna jump around a little bit because I have a lot of random things to talk about. First up, I started reading the book Sarah got me for my birthday. Do yourself a favor and pick up Bossypants by Tina Fey. It will actually make you laugh out loud while you're reading. I'm less than halfway through and I already have a list of people I'm going to lend it to. I even laughed reading the dedication at the beginning.


Next up, I had an awesome sleepover with my aunts, cousins, sister, and mom on Saturday night, except for the part where the Pillsbury Crescent roll can dropped on my foot and dented my toe.

We had margaritas and brownies and watched The Watch with Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller. We all hated the movie, I don't even know why we finished it. It was that bad. Probably why it was free on demand. We had a great night and a great morning, but then it was the part we'd all been dreading. It was time to get ready for the baby shower. I knew that it's going to be a girl so I wore blue. Nice.

I hate baby showers. I've never liked baby showers. Everything about them bothers me - the pastels, the annoying games, the fake oohing and ahhing as the mom-to-be opens presents I don't give a fig a bout. It's boring and I'd rather be shoving my face full of buffalo chicken dip and alcohol.

Here is my shower favor. - a booboo bunny. I kinda can't wait to stub my toe and use this.

In all honesty, it turned out better than I thought it would be, but it's still not my favorite kind of party to go to. At least I looked cute.


Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates showers.

XO - Monny

P.S. - I was right about failing at the August Blogging Challenge. Dammit.

8 comments :

  1. I hate showers, hate hate hate.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the name tag thing is weird.. how many people were even there that you needed name tags? geez lol but at least you got a favor, that boo boo bunny is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only baby shower I liked was my own and only because I got all the presents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super random.. but are you wearing Maybelline Clearly Spotted black and white glitter polish on your nails??

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! No, you are not the only one who hates showers. I'm pretty sure its just a reason for people to get gifts. Also, I have been meaning to pick up a copy of Bossypants for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, baby showers should only be for AFTER the baby comes... so we can squeeze little baby while the gal opens her boxes of diapers. Ha ha. :)

    Love those shoes!
    And Tina Fey is the shiz. I read that book in two hours. I need to reread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE THOSE SHOES I HAVE THOSE SHOES I HAVE THOSE SHOES!!!

    Sorry. I'm just really excited because I LOVE THOSE SHOES.

    And Bossypants is an AMAZING BOOK.

    Basically this posts is just more reasons why we're perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I flipping hate all showers if it weren't for the free crap I wouldn't have shown up to my wedding shower lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design