HomeAboutContactImage Map

August 13, 2013

PA Meet Blogland, Blogland Meet PA

Day 13: Today's Prompt is:Introduce us to the state you came from

My state is kinda awesome if you're a history buff. It's even awesome if you're not. Someone once told me Pennsylvania has four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. I laughed. The sad part is that it's kinda true. We do experience all four seasons, except this year which is weird because Spring didn't happen. Also Philly cheesesteaks and soft pretzels and Tastycakes.

So anyway, before this turns into a Philly appreciation post, I'll get back to history. History happened in PA. Like the BIRTH OF OUR NATION. That shiz happened in my city. Go Philly. Also, although I don't live in the city anymore, I still spend half of my time there for school. My hometown is also historical. Like Ben Franklin harnessed electricity THREE BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE historical. People say on foggy nights, you can still see him walking in the field with his kite.  The Battle of Gettysburg AKA the BLOODIEST BATTLE AND TURNING POINT IN THE CIVIL WAR happened like 3 hours southwest of here. Boom!

I've visited all of these places so here is a photo dump!
liberty bell, duh // home of the 1st Continental Congress (Carpenter's Hall) // Betsy Ross's house




















360 degree piece of the Battle of Gettysburg painted as it was happening
So my state is pretty awesomesauce. Yous should come visit.

XO - Monny


Blogging Challenge

11 comments :

  1. I DO like visiting PA! It's historical and not hectic like a crazy town.

    Hello from Central NJ; came here by way of NE Bloggers Network.

    -Juanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I love that it's big enough that there's a ton of culture and stuff to do,but small enough that you don't get lost. I'm a fan of Jersey too. :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love history and visiting places like that. That is soooo cool that B.Franklin was 3 blocks from your house. I love all the pics. I'd love to go back out there and visit all that lovely history. I love that you ended your post with a yous. I'm a y'all girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely come for a visit. :) There is so much history crammed into the area, it makes me proud to live here. I like to throw in a y'all every once in a while, but I knew that a yous was required for this kind of post hehe.

      Delete
  3. I do love me some PA, go PA! Nice to find another PA blogger, I'll be following along now from the NE Bloggers Network.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding other PA bloggers, I feel like there aren't enough around! I followed your blog too!

      Delete
  4. You have been nominated for a Liebster Award at Life With Lorelai. Congratulations! :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much! I'll head over to see my questions.

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to come visit again for a while. I went on a school trip to Philly in high school and the teacher in charge made it the dullest trip ever, and I know it was him, not the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come back! My (extended) family and I went into the city last year and were "tourists" for the day. We had a so much fun.

      Delete
  6. Agreed that it is great living where the birth of our nation began. And one of our favorite places is a half hour drive from here in Bensalem to Washington Crossing Historic Park, with a stop at Bowman's Tower on the way to New Hope and finishing up in Peddlers Village in Lahaska. Enjoy your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design