HomeAboutContactImage Map

February 4, 2014

I Hate Groundhog Day

Groundhog day can go pound sand snow. I’m still trying to figure out why people keep depending on a rodent to tell them the weather pattern for the rest of the season, as opposed to the meteorologists who pay thousands of dollars to earn degrees in the science of weather. I’m ashamed to say that this rodent resides in my state and I pity the fool who listens to a bunch of old crackpots who drag a helpless animal out of the warmth of its home to shine a light and camera on its face until they get the answer they’re so desperately seeking.
ru6N
Anyway, Punxutawney Phil saw his m-effing shadow the other day and this “proves” that we’re going to have 6 more weeks of winter. Ya don’t say? This godforsaken season lasts until Spring starts on March 20th every year. Way to tell the world exactly what they already knew. Why don’t we ask this magical groundhog something useful like
  • what are tomorrow’s winning lottery numbers?
  • will the Jamaican bobsled team win any gold medals this year (Cool Runnings, anyone) ?
  • where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
  • who let the dogs out?
He can’t tell ya? Didn’t think so.
Let’s ruminate about Groundhog Day together! What kinds of things would you want Phil to tell you?
Monny signature

6 comments :

  1. With all the ridiculous storms happening this was no surprise at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck...I'm still hopeful that winter will "end" earlier....or at least we'll stop getting these RIDICULOUS snow storms and it will warm up above freezing more than once a month. Ugh winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would like phil to tell me how i can stop being so fat while also eating all of the cheeses! but i'm curious about the dogs being let out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want Phil to tell me ANYTHING. We're not on speaking terms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha I am so mad at Phil I can't even look at him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol , very funny post... sorry about that damn rodent, sending sunshine from Miami

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design