HomeAboutContactImage Map

November 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!


Happy Friday Blogland!

Today I want to introduce you to a very special man - my dad! Today is Pop's 53rd birthday (he looks great for his age, amiright?) and so I'm dedicating a whole post to him. I'm sure he's blushing as my mom reads this to him since he hasn't quite gotten the hang of navigating to my blog on his iPad yet.

Anywho, back to why I love my daddy!

ONE My dad taught me from a very young age that sports are awesome. I remember him taking me out back and having a catch with me,teaching me how to hold a bat, and then teaching me to hold a bat again when we realized that I can't bat right-handed. I remember him telling me not to be a sissy to be aggressive and to go after the ball when we'd play street hockey with the neighborhood kids and I ended up being really good at it. He also taught me that you love your teams, even when  the Phillies can barely make it to .500 they suck. You're allowed to curse at the tv and talk about how poorly they're playing, but you still watch every game. I repeat - you. still. watch. every. game.

TWO He can't cook many things (think brown scrambled eggs), but he makes the best eye roasts I've ever tasted and he's really good at buttering bagels. Like scary good, especially when you're sick.

THREE My dad wakes up at 5:30 every morning to drive me to the train, whether he needs to be in work early or not. He waits extra time at the station until the train comes so I don't have to stand in the cold and let's me control the radio (even though I usually pick something he likes anyway).

FOUR For as long as I can remember, he's been leaving notes for us on the kitchen counter. They always make us laugh, even when they're not intended to be funny.
In our house, everyone write their names on their plastic cup...except dad. He's been known to have more than a few aliases.

FIVE He has shown me that it's never too late to be who you want to be. He leads by example and is constantly helping others in need. I have such respect for him and I'm immensely proud to call him my dad. 

Happy birthday, Daddy! I love you, I hope you have a great day, and you'll get your real birthday card tomorrow!
XO - Monny

Linking up with Whitney.
I'm still confused as to why this song didn't win a CMA.

8 comments :

  1. This is so sweet, I love it! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME! Makes me want to meet him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dad sounds awesome, and also like he'd get along really well with my daddy-o! :)
    happy birthday monny's dad!!
    Nicole @ A Peek Into New Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet post! Happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday dad! :P What a sweet post!
    Kala@ TheWishfulLamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your dad! I hope he had a really great day. This is a great post dedicated to him. I'm sure he loves it. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww happy birthday to your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Happy late birthday to your pops!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design