HomeAboutContactImage Map

July 22, 2013

"Their Subway is as Dirty as Ours!"

Happy Monday, bloggy peeps!

Did yous have a good weekend? Try not to judge my use of that 2nd person plural - it's Philly's equivalent of y'all so I think I'll keep it.  Anywho, after last week's record-breaking heatwave, it's finally a cool 75°. I was a busy bee this weekend so here's a a kind of picture-heavy recap

Friday was a busier than normal night at work. I got a real workout lifting heavy-ass milk and egg crates to stock them in the fridge. Picture a 100-lb girl lifting shit that's 40% of her weight and you have me. Basically, I'm a beast. I stopped at Wendy's on the way home and got a chicken sandwich and an sweet tea. This was not one of my finest ideas due to the fact that I woke up in the middle of the night and NEVER WENT BACK TO SLEEP.

10:40 pm - eat sammich and drink tea
12:30 am - lay down in bed, look at the clock
2:15 am - roll over, look at clock ---> hate life
3:47 am - wide awake ----> still hate life
count sheep-->meditate-->take Benadryl-->drink warm milk-->pray
4:08 am - tweet about hating life
5:50 am -  look at clock ---> contemplate banging my head into a wall
6:30 am - alarm goes off ---> cry

Saturday after pulling myself together, I got out of bed to figure out what da hail I was gonna wear to the Phils - Mets game in NYC. I was told not to wear Phils gear because my dear old dad was worried for my safety and  "there's lots of nutjobs out there." Okay, I would've been fine if I wore a red hat or my Utley jersey. Yeesh.

So we get to Penn Station walk to Times Square and hop on the subway to go to Citi Field. I'm sitting on the train and I realize it's about as dirty as the Broad Street Line at home, which is comforting. However, we don't have mariachi bands playing for money on our public transpo.
We get to the stadium and people are super friendly and offer to take our picture in front of the Mets Big Apple.
Everyone is so nice. Apparently the shitty Mets fans everyone talks about aren't so shitty. The new stadium is beautiful and the food was fan-friggin'-tastic.

Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:

'Shroom Burger (vegetarian) Crisp-fried portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce
When we got to our seats, it was cool because we weren't in the sun, but then the devil sat his ass crack next to us.
So we went down in the shade to walk around where I got these pics of Delmon Young batting and my boyfriend Cole Hamels pitching.
 Getting on with things, we left early due to heat exhaustion and the Phils getting their asses handed to them where we refreshed with cold drinks at Starbucks between Times Square and Penn Station. Then we got on the train home, ordered BBQ from a delish place around the corner and I watched HGTV with my mom for about 8,434,234 hours.

On Sunday morning, I sang at church at 10:00 and then headed to Kristo's house for breakfast and stayed til dinner. I made him watch Pitch Perfect (which he ended up liking) and he made me watch Dark Shadows (which I did NOT end up liking).  THE NEW CATCHING FIRE TRAILER CAME OUT. And I had 2 beers, which meant I was not writing this post last night because I am a lightweight. Yes, I'm useless after a couple drinks, but it does mean I'm a cheap date haha!
Ignore the goober next to me. He likes to awkwardly ruin my selfies. ;)

Sami's Shenanigans
XO - Monny

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait to get to the baseball stadiums in NY. They are on our list. Looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice! I wanna go to the Yankees Stadium next! I hope you have fun whenever you get to go :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design