HomeAboutContactImage Map

April 18, 2013

A Not-so-bad Day

When I set my alarm last night, my phone said I had 4 hours and 1 minute to sleep. I was fed up, worn out, and run down from the ridiculous language intervention analysis project that I had been working in all week for today's due date. If you'd been assigned this project, you would be pulling you hair out too.
if  I never see another transcript summary again, it'll be too soon
Let's skip ahead to this morning. I checked my weather app and gritted my teeth at the rainy forecast, then grabbed my umbrella. When I got to the train station, the last thing I expected to see was this:
sunrise over the tracks

 I have to admit, it's really hard to hate the morning when you're greeted with a sunrise like this one.

My day got even better when 2 of my 3 professors let class out early, resulting in a spontaneous lunch date with Kim at Qdoba. YESSSS! 

At some point between lunch and 3pm, I lost my Owlcard, which wouldn't have been such a big deal if it didn't allow me to access all the academic buildings, my Diamond Dollars, and printing allocation. After freaking out for a good 10 minutes and retracing my steps, I discovered that some wonderful person found and turned my card into the desk at the computer lab. YES.

Dear awesome ID picker-upper, if you ever read this, I want thank you and hug you and tell you that I love you. Unless you're creepy, in which case I'll shake your hand, thank you kindly and walk away.

A mini coffee date with Kristo was the perfect way to end the day that I thought would be a bust.

Take-away message? Don't expect that a day will end badly if it starts out badly.

XO - Monnny

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I try respond to every one. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Boldly Inspired Design